THE PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We only collect personal data that is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed. The mandatory nature of the information is indicated at the time of collection when you register or modify your information.
These data are the following:
- Your identification data, such as your first name, your surname, your photograph and, if applicable, the identification data of your legal representative(s);
- Your contact details, such as your postal address, your e-mail address, your telephone number;
- Your professional information, such as information relating to your schooling, in particular your school of origin, class, group, division attended and options followed during the current school year and previous school years, school/university or other establishment(s) attended, diplomas obtained, position (non-repeater, repeater, triplet), decision of orientation and decision of assignment, marks and results obtained in school and/or university examinations, establishments to which you wish to apply…;
- Your connection data, such as information about your computer hardware and software. This information includes your IP address, device type and model, browser type, device identification. This information is used for the proper operation of the Site, to maintain its quality, to compile general statistics and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Cookies: we invite you to consult the paragraph below concerning the deposit of cookies
All or part of this personal data is obtained when you :
- visit our Site (for example, by means of cookies);
- fill in this information via our Site or by telephone, e-mail, post or forms;
- send us comments, questions or requests;
- and generally any other way in which you contact us.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data we collect is processed in accordance with the regulations in force to meet explicit, legitimate and determined purposes, either on the basis of the Contract concluded between us, or on the basis of our legitimate interest, or to meet a legal and/or regulatory obligation, or subject to your prior consent.
These purposes are as follows:
- To inform you about our services
Your personal data is essential to our business relationship with you, in particular when you contact us to obtain details of the various Services we offer or to submit an application.
The main legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- Managing customer relationships
We may also use your personal data to inform you of the Services we offer to our clients provided we have obtained your prior consent to receive such information (for example, subscription to our newsletter). If you no longer wish to receive special promotional information, advertisements or other messages from us which are not related to the provision of the Services, you can click on the link at the bottom of the e-mail to unsubscribe. For technical reasons, we need a reasonable amount of time to fulfill your request and you may receive a few messages following your request while we process it.
In order to ensure the quality of our Services as well as to improve them, we carry out general statistics, which are anonymised when the processing of your personal data does not appear to be necessary for this purpose.
The main legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- Securing the personal data processed
We ensure the security of your personal data, as well as the personal data of third parties, against any fraudulent access, use or disclosure by implementing enhanced data protection through the use of appropriate physical and logical technical security measures in order to guarantee the integrity of your data, as well as its confidential and secure processing.
However, we remind you that no security system is infallible, and we cannot guarantee that your information is completely secure.
The main legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest.
- Meeting our legal and regulatory obligations
We have various legal and regulatory obligations to keep your personal data. This data may also be used to identify the authors of content of an illicit nature.
RECIPIENTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
To this end, we may solicit trusted partners acting as subcontractors in order to be able to provide you with all the services offered on the Site and in particular
- to enable you to contact us via the contact form and to respond to your requests;
- to ensure the sending of commercial information subject to obtaining your prior agreement;
- more generally, when using the Site, to ensure the hosting of your data, to send you an e-mail, to assist you in using the Site or to help us carry out statistical analyses.
- These third parties are contractually prohibited from using the personal data we provide to them for any purpose other than that for which they have been contracted and are required to maintain the security and confidentiality of your information with equal or greater protection than we provide.
We will only disclose your personal data, without notice:
- if required by applicable law;
- if such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or regulation, legal process and/or an administrative or judicial order;
- to protect and defend our rights or property or that of our partners;
- more generally, to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our customers and prospects or third parties.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
For example, we retain your data for the duration of the processing of your registration applications unless the law requires that some of the data be retained for a shorter period. As an exception, this data may be archived to manage ongoing claims and disputes as well as to meet legal and/or regulatory obligations and/or to respond to requests from authorities authorised to make such requests.
TRANSFER OF YOUR DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Some of the recipients of your personal data may be located in countries that are not members of the European Union and that have not been the subject of a decision on adequacy of protection by the European Commission.
In such a case, we ensure that this transfer is carried out under conditions that comply with the laws and regulations in force by taking all appropriate measures and under legal, technical and operational guarantees to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data, in particular by signing standard contractual clauses provided for by the European Union or any other mechanism that complies with the regulations in force.
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
In accordance with the regulations in force, you have the right to access, oppose, rectify and delete your personal data, as well as the right to limit the processing carried out, to portability and to define the fate of your data in the event of your death, subject to the legal and regulatory obligations that would require us to retain it. The exercise of some of these rights is likely to prevent us from providing you with all or part of the Services and to terminate the Contract.
These rights may be exercised by contacting us at the following address 2 rue Lord Byron, 75008 Paris, France, and providing proof of your identity.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), the supervisory authority in charge of compliance with obligations relating to personal data.
Finally, it is specified that we may be required to communicate your personal data, under the conditions provided for by law, to a duly authorised judicial or administrative authority.
- What is a cookie?
A "cookie" is a text file placed on the User's device by a browser. Cookies enable the sender, and exclusively the sender, to identify the terminal in which it is stored, for the duration of the validity or storage of the cookie.
- On what basis and for what purposes do we process cookies?
The deposit or reading of a cookie is necessary for the provision of the service and will be based on our legitimate interest in implementing such processing for the proper use of its Site.
The deposit or reading of a cookie that is not necessary for the provision of the service will be subject to the prior consent of the User.
- What cookies do we process and how are they collected?
- How can I oppose the deposit of cookies?
The User has the possibility of accepting or refusing cookies that are not exclusively intended to allow or facilitate navigation or that are not strictly necessary for the provision of services offered via the Site.
There are several possibilities for refusing cookies:
- Setting of cookies by the Internet browser
The User can configure his browser so that:
- cookies are saved or, on the contrary, that they are rejected, either systematically or according to their sender;
- acceptance or rejection of cookies is proposed from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be recorded on the user's device;
- the cookies deposited on the user's device are deleted at any time.
For the management of cookies, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of each browser and in particular at the following addresses given for information purposes:
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en
- For FireFox: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/cookies-informations-sites-enregistrent?redirectlocale=fr&redirectslug=G%C3%A9rer+the+cookies
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=fr_FR&locale=fr_FR
- Setting cookies using the cookie management tool
The User may also oppose certain cookies by using the cookie management tool available.
- Who are the recipients of the personal data processed?
The information collected is for our exclusive use and may be passed on to service providers but is not passed on to third parties under any circumstances.
- How long are cookies kept?
The cookies placed on the User's terminal have a life span of thirteen (13) months. At the end of the storage period, the personal data collected through cookies will be deleted.